This guide will explain more about roaches, including the signs of an infestation and the health issues they can cause for your family. We’ll also explore how and why these troublesome pests invade homes in the first place. Learn more about effective cockroach pest control in Mckinney with the pros at Big D Pest & Termite.
Clear Signs Of A Cockroach Infestation
Cockroaches are nocturnal insects that do their best to avoid contact with people, so catching sight of one can be challenging. But knowing the signs of cockroaches in your home can help you spot an infestation early, making it easier to get rid of them.
Here are some of the signs to watch for:
- Cockroach droppings in your home may be small and cylindrical or look similar to black pepper, depending on the species.
- Roaches molt as they mature, and you might find their shed skins.
- You may notice tan or dark brown egg capsules glued to surfaces or under furniture.
- A distinct musty odor in the house can point to the presence of cockroaches.
Cockroaches are social insects, so if you spot one, there are likely many more hiding throughout your home. If you suspect you have an infestation or notice any of the above signs, contact us at Big D Pest & Termite. We offer cockroach control in McKinney to help you eliminate this pest and keep them from returning.
Cockroaches Trigger Allergies And Spread Disease
Cockroaches have spiny legs that pick up pathogens as they travel through garbage, sewers, and decaying matter. When they find a way inside your home, they contaminate your food and everything they touch with bacteria, parasites, and worms. Their droppings, saliva, and urine can also trigger allergies and asthma attacks.
The longer roaches are in your house, the greater the chance of someone getting sick. If you think these pests are infesting your space, contact us at Big D Pest & Termite. Our roach control technicians can help you get rid of these insects to protect your family from the diseases they can spread.
How And Why Cockroaches Invade Homes
Learning how and why cockroaches get inside your home can help you find factors around your property that you might need to address to prevent them from returning.
The following list details some of the conditions that attract roaches and allow them inside:
- Moisture issues such as leaks or areas with high humidity make an infestation more likely.
- Leaving food out (including pet food) will attract cockroaches and other pests.
- Small cracks and crevices on the exterior of your house will give cockroaches entryways.
- Open drains and vents can also provide them with an entrance.
If you have trouble determining what attracts roaches and how they are getting inside, contact us today at Big D Pest & Termite. We are here to help you get rid of cockroaches in your apartmentor house and prevent them from coming back.
Professional Cockroach Control Is The Best Solution
The most effective cockroach controlcomes from working with experienced professionals that understand how to eradicate this pest for good. Contact Big D Pest & Termite today to request a free inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in McKinney.