McKinney, TX Flea & Tick Services
Exterminating and Excluding Fleas and ticks from Properties in McKinney and the Surrounding Areas
Fleas and ticks are more than just a nuisance; they can pose a significant health risk to pets and humans, carrying diseases like Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever, among others. When these small but dangerous pests make a home on your property, it's time to call in the professionals. Big D Pest & Termite provides swift, efficient, and long-lasting solutions to rid your home or business of flea and tick infestations.
No two infestations are the same, and our experienced team understands this. We provide personalized, comprehensive services tailored to meet the unique needs of your situation and environment. Our techniques eradicate flea and tick populations and aim to prevent future infestations, offering you peace of mind. Trust Big D Pest & Termite to restore comfort, health, and safety to your spaces with our top-notch flea and tick services.
How to Prevent Flea and Tick Bites
Preventing flea and tick bites is key to maintaining a healthy and pest-free home environment.
To protect yourself and your loved ones, take precautions like:
- Taking your pet in for regular check-ups: Fleas and ticks often find their way into homes via pets. Regular vet visits for flea and tick checks and preventative treatments can make a difference.
- Maintaining your yard: Fleas and ticks thrive in high grass and piles of leaves. Mowing your lawn regularly and keeping it clean can limit their habitats.
- Using insect repellents: Use insect repellents specifically designed to ward off fleas and ticks. Make sure to follow the instructions on the product label for safe and effective use.
- Wearing protective clothing: If you're going into areas known for fleas and ticks, wear long sleeves, long pants tucked into your socks, and closed-toe shoes.
- Regularly cleaning and vacuuming your home: At least once a week, thoroughly clean and vacuum your home, especially the areas where your pets spend time.
- Inspecting your pets and yourself: After spending time outdoors, always inspect your pets and yourself for any signs of fleas or ticks.
Remember, prevention is the first line of defense against these pests. However, if you suspect a flea or tick infestation, contact a professional pest control service like Big D Pest & Termite for immediate, effective, and safe solutions.
If you’re looking for a better way to protect yourself from fleas and ticks, call our McKinney team at (214) 428-6826 to request a free treatment estimate!
Raving Reviews, Pest-Free Homes
"I LOVE this company!"
Everyone has been so professional and friendly. The office staff were very responsive and on point. I can DEFINITELY tell the difference between this family-owned business and some of the larger conglomerate companies out there.Cindy P.
"Professional, congenial, courteous, and thoroughly successful!"
Dave and his staff have cared for our home for over 20 years, giving us complete satisfaction. Professional, congenial, courteous, and thoroughly successful...that's how we describe the excellent service we have received.Kathleen M.
Thank you, Big D and Evan, for taking such great care of us. I loved how much you cared about our pets and how well you explained the process and options.Teresa S.
"I love them!"
I have been doing business with Big D Pest & Termite Services for over 27 years and I would never change! Great family business and great employees and wonderful company to work for as well!!!Lynne N.
"Couldn’t ask for a better pest prevention service!"
Bo your the best! Thank you Big D for being the best pest prevention service we have had ever! We have been with Big D for 3+ years and couldn’t ask for a better pest prevention service and customer service. Cheers!Chance L.
"Professional, friendly, effective, and reasonably priced."
Big D Pest Control and their guy Brandon Kelly have always done well by us. They are professional, friendly, effective, and reasonably priced. What’s not to like?Knox H.
"What a fantastic experience overall!"
Camille was very friendly and responsive and scheduled me promptly based on my needs. Our service technicians were punctual, professional, friendly, knowledgeable and very thorough!! Highly recommend!!!!Betty P.
"Very professional. Very accommodating."
I can already tell that I am going to use Big D's services for a long time to come. Evan was amazing and kind. Listened to our needs and met them.O.R.
Are Fleas Only Harmful to Pets?
While it's true that fleas are a common concern for pet owners, it's important to remember that these pests aren't exclusive to our furry friends. Fleas can also pose a significant nuisance and potential health risk to humans. Although fleas prefer to feed on pets, when an infestation is large or doesn't have access to a pet host, they can resort to biting humans, causing itching, redness, and in some cases, allergic reactions.
Moreover, fleas can serve as vectors for certain diseases. For instance, they can transmit the bacteria responsible for cat scratch fever if a cat infested with these fleas scratches a person. Fleas have also been known to transmit tapeworms to humans, particularly children, who might accidentally ingest a flea. So, while their impact on pets is often more readily noticeable, it's crucial to understand that fleas can indeed be harmful to humans as well.
What Kind of Ticks Call McKinney Home?
Our city is home to a variety of tick species that residents should be aware of.
McKinney residents should be on the lookout for:
- Lone star ticks: Recognizable by the distinct white spots on the backs of females, lone star ticks are common in McKinney. They can carry diseases like Southern Tick-Associated Rash Illness (STARI), Heartland virus, and Ehrlichiosis.
- American dog ticks: These ticks are also prevalent in our region. They're known vectors for Tularemia and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
- Black-legged ticks (deer ticks): Although less common, these ticks still pose a risk as they're known carriers of Lyme disease.
Knowing the types of ticks in our area can help you recognize them and understand the potential health risks they pose.
Do you have questions or concerns about fleas and ticks? Call Big D Pest & Termite at (214) 428-6826 or contact us online – we offer same-day and emergency services to customers in McKinney and throughout the surrounding areas!