Is Professional Spider Control Necessary In Frisco?
February 20, 2023 - Spiders
When you think of the different pests commonly found in Frisco, do spiders enter the picture? If not, they should. There are over 80 unique types of Spiders in Texas, and quite a few are more than comfortable living in Frisco homes.
If you find your beautiful Frisco home infested with spiders, don't panic. Instead, call on Big D Pest & Termite Services for help. Check out our guide below to Frisco spider infestations and reach out to our team for the best pest control in Frisco for Texas spiders.
Characteristics Of Common Spiders
You'll find a few different types of spiders here in Frisco, but even separate species have biological aspects in common.
Here are some of the traits shared among common spiders:
- They only eat other insects: Common spiders won't even eat plants. They will, however, make prey out of most other insects found in your home.
- Their egg sacks contain hundreds of eggs: Some estimates place the number as high as 500 eggs per sack. But, of course, a spider will lay multiple egg sacks throughout its life.
- Spiders shed their exoskeletons as they grow: These discarded skins are translucent white and have a shell-like appearance. Finding exoskeletons is one of the most vital clues you'll find that spiders are in your home.
Of course, for all they have in common, different house spiders will exhibit different behaviors, too. But no matter what type of spiders you're dealing with, we're here to help. Big D Pest & Termite Services stays on top of the latest pest control products and techniques, so we're always prepared.
All The Places Spiders Like To Hide In Your Home
Spiders like to hide. Mostly, they aren't active hunters, instead relying on their web to trap prey. They choose hiding places based on the presence of food and the shelter it provides.
Common nesting spots include:
- Unoccupied Rooms
- Rooms with house plants
During an inspection, our technicians will search through every area spiders are likely to call home. With over 30 years of pest control experience, you can always count on us to do a thorough job.
Five No-Sweat Tips To Prevent Spiders In Your Home
Mounting a home defense for spiders in Frisco is part of the extermination process. Without prevention techniques, you risk future infestations.
Follow these tips to keep spiders out of your Frisco home:
- Keep your house clean: Doing so deters the pests that spiders eat. If they can't find food, they'll go elsewhere.
- Keep unused rooms sealed: Spiders don't like being disturbed, so they hone in on spaces with little activity. So if you have seldom used rooms in your home, such as an attic, seal off any entry points a spider might use.
- Brighten up your living space: Unsurprisingly, spiders favor the dark. Add more light to rooms of your house where it's practical to do so.
- Turn off outdoor lights: These can attract other Frisco pests that spiders prey on. If you've sealed potential entryways and turned off the lights, the prey pest won't get in.
- Fix holes in window and door screens: Those seemingly insignificant tears give spiders and insects more than enough room to squeeze through.
If this seems overwhelming, don't worry. Our team will help you identify elements that could be attracting spiders. We can also suggest changes that will make your home less attractive to spiders.
Pro Pest Control Is The Best Way To Keep The Spiders Out
Don't waste your time gambling on home remedies that can't deliver. The best way to get rid of spiders is with professional pest control services, and Big D Pest & Termite Services has the best solutions in Frisco.
When you partner with us, you get more than top-quality extermination services. You get a customized plan focused on your situation to get the desired results. Call us today for a free estimate and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Frisco.