Why Can't I Seem To Keep Mice Out Of My McKinney Home?
January 30, 2022 - Rodents
Mice are a common pest problem for McKinney homeowners. Learn more about the pest and the proper way to get rid of them with the assistance of Big D Pest & Termite.
Rodents like house mice have a dependent relationship with humans, so they are common home invaders. House mice rely on people for the different factors they need to survive, like food, water, and shelter.
The following characteristics can identify house mice:
- Tiny black eyes and large ears
- Pointed muzzle
- Short black, brown, or gray hair with a lighter color on their underbelly
- 5 ½ to 7 inches long, allowing them to squeeze through holes the size of a dime
As a McKinney, Texas resident, you should know what makes mice dangerous and what you should do if you have an infestation.
Why Mice Are Bad News
While some people keep mice as pets that aren't dangerous, the mice that infest your home are not as harmless. This is because mice are known to frequent areas that aren't the most sanitary. When this pest gets inside of a residential home, it can spread pathogens that cause hantavirus, leptospirosis, tularemia, salmonellosis, and more.
Other problems caused by house mice include:
- Contaminating food, surfaces, and personal hygiene products with feces, urine, and saliva
- Spreading fleas and ticks, which can cause other problems such as Lyme disease
- Causing asthma and allergies
If you do have a house mice infestation, it is essential to get rid of them quickly. The longer this pest has in your home, the more they will reproduce. To get rid of rodents like house mice, you don't want to get your control methods wrong the first time.
Why Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Mouse Control Doesn't Work
House mice are not only dangerous, but they are notoriously difficult to get rid of. This is due to several reasons:
- Prolific Nature: Because this pest breeds so quickly, it is never just one little mouse in your home. Even if you only see one, there are bound to be many more hiding.
- Entry Points: Mice only need a hole the size of a dime to squeeze through. Because they can fit through the tiniest of spaces, it is challenging to keep them out. To do so, you may also need to use a material they can't chew through, like steel wool.
- Ineffective Traps: Store-bought traps may eliminate one or two pests, but they won't stop an entire infestation. To get rid of a rodent infestation completely, you need to know how they are getting in, what is attracting them, and make sure you locate where they are most active.
Skip trying to get rid of this pest on your own and call in experts to make sure you and your family are safe
The Best Mouse Control In McKinney
Don't waste your time with the no-use control techniques listed above that are bound to fail. Instead, contact the professionals at Big D Pest & Termite Services for total rodent control. With our targeted rodent control offerings, you can have a mouse-free home in no time.
First, we will inspect your property to understand how mice get inside and how large the infestation is. Once we know the full scope of your problem, we will determine the best treatment methods. Treatments we perform include rodent paint boxes paces on the exterior of your home as well as in attics if necessary. With our 90-day warranty, you can rest assured as we will return free of charge and re-treat if needed.
When you have a mouse or rodent problem in McKinney, save yourself time, money, and stress by calling Big D Pest & Termite Services right away.