Signs Of An Ant Infestation
The first and most obvious sign of an ant infestation is seeing the ants themselves around. You can usually find the odorous house ant indoors, but others, like the pavement ant, typically live outside. But, all ants in Texas will try to find food sources around your yard or home. Ants aren't picky about what they'll eat, so you should pay special attention to kitchen areas and gardens.
Other signs of an ant infestation include:
- Trails left to help other colony members find food
- Nests that look like piles of soil or dirt, often hidden
- Piles of dirt around their nests
- Discovering signs of damage on food items in your pantry or cabinets
If you see any of these signs, it's wise to reach out to Frisco ant control experts for prevention tips or request removal services.
FAQ: What To Expect From Professional Ant Control
While some people try to remove ants on their own, these pests can overwhelm a property quickly. Ant colonies can contain hundreds of thousands of individuals, and many over-the-counter products aren't effective enough. But, with professional ant control, you'll get the experience and specialty tools of experts. We inspect your property for ants and devise a customized treatment plan to remove them and prevent further issues. We provide follow-up services to ensure that ants aren't coming back.
Tips To Prevent Ant Infestation
Once we've removed ants from your property, we suggest implementing a few ant prevention steps to keep ants from returning. Here are some simple measures you can follow:
- Reduce Access To Food Sources: Make sure to store food, including pet food, in sealed containers and keep kitchens clean by doing dirty dishes and mopping floors.
- Remove Humidity Problems: You can fix leaky plumbing and remove standing water to limit excess humidity around the yard.
- Repair Entry Points: Start by installing or fixing weatherstripping and door sweeps. Then, replace or patch up broken screens.
Finally, let our Frisco pest control experts provide monthly ant control services to keep these pests away throughout the year.
Let Big D Pest & Termite Services Help With Your Ant Problem
If you are currently experiencing an ant infestation, contact Big D Pest & Termite Services to learn how our team can help. We will send a technician out to begin the inspection process right away. We make ant prevention and removal simple and effective, so you no longer have to worry about these troublesome pests. Call us at Big D Pest & Termite to schedule an appointment today.