How To Identify An Ant Infestation In Your Home
An ant infestation in Frisco takes time because establishing an ant colony does not happen overnight. But once the colonies are present, they can inflict much harm. To prevent an ant problem, here are some signs to look out for
Seeing a few ants: Spotting some ants roaming in your house as they search for food and water is one of the common signs of an impending ant infestation. One of the most common species of ants that can invade your home is carpenter ants.
- Trails of sawdust: If you see sawdust or wood shavings in wooden structures, you might be hosting carpenter ants. These ants nest inside the wood. But since they don't consume wood, they burrow and live behind sawdust.
- Piles of dirt: When you see a pile of dirt outside your home, it could be a sign of ants because many ant species burrow and push soil to the surface.
- Structural damage: When carpenter ants infest your home, it is hard to determine the damage they can inflict because they damage the internal structures of the wood. Taping the wood and hearing hollow sounds indicate an ant infestation.
- Rustling noises: If you hear rustling noises in your home's walls, you can hear carpenter ants burrowing in real-time.
- Crumbling Wood: Ants like carpenter ants can eat wooden structures to a point whereby a single touch can crumble a tree.
If you notice a combination of these signs, immediately hire ant pest control services near you.
Food-Contamination And Other Problems Ants Can Cause In Your Home
Many issues come up with ant infestations. Let's go through them.
- Property damage: An ant infestation can chew through the wooden structures in your property and compromise their entire structural integrity.
- Contaminating food sources: Since ants are not disease-carrying insects like mosquitoes, they carry fungal organisms and bacteria that will contaminate your food.
- Attracting other pests: Ants are food sources for other types of pests. For example, once they access your home, they will attract bats and spiders like the dangerous black widow spiders that feed on them.
- Bites or stings: Ants can bite you using their jaws. These bites happen, especially if you interfere with their lives. In addition, the infection that comes after a bite can lead to an infected wound that can leave a scar.
- Allergic reaction: If you are allergic to ant stings, they can cause swellings and other symptoms that can even cause anaphylaxis.
Ants are small pests that carry with them potential dangers. That is why you need to hire experts in ant control.
How And Why Ants Find Their Way Into Your Home
Ants, like other household pests, find their way into homes, searching for food, shelter, and water. For example, ants can find food by exploring your garden or eating crumbs of human food in your kitchen or other living spaces. In addition, ants also look for breeding grounds when they enter your property. For instance, carpenter ants will build tunnels in your furniture and other wooden objects, while pavement ants live in dirt piles. Finally, since ants are tiny, they can access your home through poorly shut doors, windows, broken screens, or vent openings.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your House And Keep Them Out
Ants are invasive creatures that are hard to remove on your own. You will need Big D Pest & Termite Services experts to eradicate an ant infestation quickly. ProCare Pest Services has a team of trained technicians that can eradicate any ant infestation. So, if you want to reclaim your home, call us today, and let's make plans for your property inspection.
Ants are tiny creatures that can invade your home and leave you with expensive damages to repair. Some signs of an infestation include noticing ants in your house, trails of sawdust indoors, piles of dirt on pavements, and more. Regarding ant control for owners, it is best to use expert pest control and treatments. Talk to us at Big D Pest & Termite Services, and you will get these pests out of your property.