You Should Definitely Get Rid Of Any Cockroaches In Your Frisco Home
March 30, 2022 - Cockroaches
We deal with a lot of pests here in Frisco, TX. Bees, mice, squirrels, and other various animals and insects are always trying to invade our homes. However, one of the most dangerous of these pests is the cockroach. Having roaches in your Frisco home can actually pose a direct threat to the health of you and your family. Read on to learn more about how to identify a roach infestation, as well as what to do if you find one.
Are These Cockroaches In My Frisco Home?
The first step to handling a cockroach infestation is knowing the signs of their invasion. Here are some things to look for when trying to determine if roaches are setting up shop in your Frisco home:
- Smear marks: As roaches scuttle around, they will leave behind a dark smear mark. These will be present on the floors and walls anywhere they move around. Be sure to look in dark corners and in between appliances, as this is where they are likely to spend the majority of their time when they are not foraging for food in your pantries.
- Eggs: Though small, these eggs can hold up to 30 nymphs. Finding one of these in your Frisco home indicates a serious infestation, as the invasion is now multi-generational.
- Shed skins: As the nymphs grow, they will cycle through several different skins until they reach adulthood. Finding these skins is also an indication that a serious infestation is brewing in your home.
- Droppings: Also small, these minuscule droppings will look like coffee grounds or pepper flakes, and can be found wherever they are foraging.
Why Is It So Bad To Have Cockroaches In My Frisco Home?
Lots of insects can spread bacteria as they move about your Frisco home, but roaches are by far the most dangerous because roaches carry more than 60 pathogenic bacteria, fungi, molds, parasitic worms, and viruses — all of which can be spread to humans. Below are a few illnesses you and your family can contract from a roach infestation:
- Cholera: This is a severe illness that can cause profuse, watery diarrhea, leg cramps, vomiting, and severe thirst. This illness is serious and has even been the cause of a worldwide pandemic in the 1800s.
- Giardia: This is another intense gastrointestinal illness that can cause severe cramping, diarrhea, and gas. It is also capable of making its victims severely dehydrated.
- Campylobacteriosis: This infection attacks the gut as well, causing severe nausea, cramping, and bloody diarrhea. Once contracted, campylobacteriosis can take up to a week to clear your system.
- Allergies and asthma: As roaches leave behind saliva, shed skins, and feces, particles of this will stir up into the air, and these dust mites will aggravate existing allergies and asthma in you and your family triggering an attack. Children are especially susceptible to this.
Can I Get Rid Of Roaches In My Frisco House On My Own?
While you can certainly try to remove a roach infestation in your Frisco home on your own, it is not recommended. Here are some reasons why:
- Roaches are prolific breeders. Eggs can contain up to 30 nymphs, so even if you manage to kill the adult roaches, the cycle will continue with the eggs they have left behind, and finding and destroying every single egg they produce is incredibly difficult to do on your own.
- DIY methods don’t work. Most of the DIY cockroach control methods you find online simply don’t work. Some of them can also attract roaches rather than repel them, making your infestation even worse.
- Roaches are resilient. Capable of surviving many store-bought pesticides on the market, roaches are incredibly difficult to kill. Even the salmonella strains they pass on are more resistant to treatment.
How Can I Prevent Future Cockroach Infestations In My Frisco Home?
If you spot cockroaches in your home, the best thing you can do is contact us at Big D Pest and Termite Services. We have more than 30 years of experience both exterminating existing infestations and implementing strategies to ensure pests do not return to your Frisco home. Our homes should be a safe, healthy place for us to be — don’t let cockroaches ruin that. Call us today to have one of our expert technicians sent to your home, armed with the skills and tools that allow them to safely and effectively remove roaches from your home with our Frisco, TX pest control solutions. Call us today!